The Waverley Amateur Radio Society was formed in 1919 in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, and is the oldest, continuously licenced, amateur radio club in Australia. The Waverley Amateur Radio Society is a very active club and caters for the hobbies of amateur radio and electronics.
Regular meetings are held at our well equipped clubhouse in Rose Bay and training is provided for those new to the field. Visitors to our meetings are always welcome. Please explore this site to find out more about us and ways to make contact.
Team VK2BV/Portable has won its category again at the John Moyle Field Day
We also received two IARU Worked All Continents Awards
What are the benefits of being a W.A.R.S Member?
- Oceania DX SSB Contest – Club country DX station operation - The club is planning a country DX station operation for the Oceania DX SSB Contest from 01-02OCT at a rural property near Robertson NSW, about 2 hours south of Sydney. Members are invited to join the contest operation and take this opportunity to participate in an easy international DX contest, where the DX is listening … Continue reading Oceania DX SSB Contest – Club country DX station operation
- Contest Calendar Updates - The club events calendar has been updated with a number of relevant contests to the end of 2016. These are those relevant to Australian contesters (eg Spring VHF/UHF Field Day, VK QRP 40m Sprint) or those that are relatively easy with modest stations. 03-04 SEP All Asian DX Phone Contest . 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, … Continue reading Contest Calendar Updates
- Power Pole Kit Review - See page 45 of the September Amateur Radio magazine for a great review of the club Power Pole kit. See http://www.wia.org.au/members/armag/2016/september/ for more information Doug VK2DCR
- Guide to operating digital modes on the remote station - Recently some trials have been conducted using the remote station on digital modes and a report on the trials in PSK, RTTY and JT65 has been published. This is a set up and operating guide to operating digital modes on the remote, and it can be used as basis for further trials using other AFSK … Continue reading Guide to operating digital modes on the remote station
- Remembrance Day Contest at the club shack - Remembrance Day Contest 0300 UTC Saturday till 0300 UTC Sunday (1pm Saturday to 1pm Sunday) The club will be activating the club shack from 4pm to 10pm local on Saturday 13 August. Members welcome to come and operate the multi-mode station. We will be operating 160-70cm on phone, CW and RTTY. Members are also welcome … Continue reading Remembrance Day Contest at the club shack
- New DMR Repeater on line - There is a new WICEN sponsored 70cm DMR repeater on air connected to the global DMARC system. The current QTH is Dural (but not ARNSW). Callsign is VK2RRW To program your radio: RX 438.1000 / TX 433.100 Color Code 1 The same Talk Groups (TG) and Time Slot (TS) allocations as VK2RCG with the exception … Continue reading New DMR Repeater on line
- ACMA has problems with payments for Ham licences - The ACMA has issued the following: We are currently experiencing problems with our systems that are affecting the issue and renewal of radiocommunications apparatus licences. The Register of Radiocommunications Licences (RRL) has not been accurately showing some licences as current after a renewal or new licence payment. This is occurring when an invoice was issued … Continue reading ACMA has problems with payments for Ham licences
- SGARS 80 Metre Contest on Saturday 30th July - The St George Amateur Radio Society annual 80 metre contest will be held this Saturday evening, 30th July 2016 from 6 PM to Midnight local time. This is a friendly contest for all licence holders, using phone (voice) CW or digital, in six blocks of one hour each. Power levels and emission modes as per … Continue reading SGARS 80 Metre Contest on Saturday 30th July
- VK-TRBO – (DMR) – 4th VK Newsletter - Just released by Peter VK3TE is the latest DMR information for VK. http://vk2bv.org/vk-trbo-dmr-4th-newsletter-2016/
- WARS awarded new DX Awards - Waverley Amateur Radio Society was recently awarded new achievements in operating. The gained the Worked All VK Call Areas Award – HF in Open and Phone categories, and the International Amateur Radio Union Worked All Continents Awards in the Open and Phone Categories. Operating Awards
Created: 30/10/95 Updated: 17/02/15