The Waverley Amateur Radio Society was formed in 1919 in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, and is the oldest, continuously licenced, amateur radio club in Australia. The Waverley Amateur Radio Society is a very active club and caters for the hobbies of amateur radio and electronics.
Regular meetings are held at our well equipped clubhouse in Rose Bay and training is provided for those new to the field. Visitors to our meetings are always welcome. Please explore this site to find out more about us and ways to make contact.
SAVE THE DATE: Annual Auction 9th July 2016
What are the benefits of being a W.A.R.S Member?
- Ferry Contest Rates a Mention in the Mid South Coast Amateur Radio Club’s Newsletter - The Mid South Coast Amateur Radio Club’s newsletter, Lyrebird, was recently published with a mention of their club’s involvement in the 2016 Ferry Contest.
- Trans-Tasman Low Band Contest, 16 July 2016 - Following the success of the club’s Harry Angel 80m Sprint effort earlier this month with 10 operators participating, we are now ready to take on a more complex contest in the Trans-Tasman Low Band Contest. This contest has special significance for the club, as it organised the first Trans-Tasman contest in 1922. The Trans-Tasman … Continue reading Trans-Tasman Low Band Contest, 16 July 2016
- Ferry Contest Award - Connor Edwards (VK2FCAC) attended the Waverley Club regular Project Day on Saturday 5th May in order to receive his Ferry Contest check-in award. Laurie Gordon (VK2GZ), contest manager, presented the award consisting of a certificate and one of the club’s Power Pole kits. Next year’s Ferry Contest will be held on Sunday 12th March. Further details will … Continue reading Ferry Contest Award
- Sydney Amateur Radio Ferry Contest to be an annual event - Ham radio on the ferries is to be a regular event on Sydney’s famous harbour. Organisers of the Sydney Amateur Radio Ferry Contest say the recent inaugural event proved so popular that it will be held on an annual basis. The contest, which entails amateur radio operators travelling on ferries and gaining points for contacting … Continue reading Sydney Amateur Radio Ferry Contest to be an annual event
- Waverley Amateur Radio Society donation to Tooraweenah Public School - The Waverley Amateur Radio Society has been mentioned in the Tooraweenah Public School Newsletter for March 2016! The club team on Exercise Equinox 2016 (the annual club road trip – camp out – John Moyle Field Day expedition), stayed at a local property and donated $200 to the Tooraweenah Public School P&C via our host … Continue reading Waverley Amateur Radio Society donation to Tooraweenah Public School
- Century for Centenary Project - The Waverley Amateur Radio Society is on the countdown to its centenary on 27 January 2019! The ‘Century for Centenary Project’ is the first of the activities to celebrate the centenary of the club’s founding in 1919. The ‘Century for Centenary Project’ is very simply, a project intended to encourage member’s activity on the radio, … Continue reading Century for Centenary Project
- Guest speaker, 18 May monthly meeting. Mark Fahey – Behind the Curtain – Gathering propaganda broadcasts inside North Korea - The special guest speaker for the Wednesday monthly meeting on 18 May is Mark Fahey. Mark Fahey is a well known expert on North Korean broadcast media, who will be speaking about his six visits to North Korea, where he not only documented and photographed propaganda as a part of every day life, but using … Continue reading Guest speaker, 18 May monthly meeting. Mark Fahey – Behind the Curtain – Gathering propaganda broadcasts inside North Korea
- Club Entry to the Harry Angel 80m Sprint Contest - The Waverley Amateur Radio Society is entering the Harry Angel 80m Sprint Contest on Saturday 07 May 1000-1146 UTC (2000-2146 local) operating from the club station. This is a short contest ideal for the beginner to amateur radio and contesting or the casual operator. There is a small club team preparing for the contest, but … Continue reading Club Entry to the Harry Angel 80m Sprint Contest
- Waverley Amateur Radio Society Inc – Annual General Meeting – 18th May 2016 - Please Login to view this content. (Not a member? Join Today!)
- Memorial Event “Fornovo’s Sack Battle” - April 18th – 28th, 2016 – IQ4FE – Special commemorative QSL From April 18th to 28th, 3016, A.R.I. Fidenza will be On the Air on HF bands with the callsign IQ4FE, to commemorate the World War II event “Fornovo’ s sack battle” occurred near Parma – Italy end April 1945 with the contribution of the … Continue reading Memorial Event “Fornovo’s Sack Battle”
Created: 30/10/95 Updated: 17/02/15