The Waverley Amateur Radio Society was formed in 1919 in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, and is the oldest, continuously licenced, amateur radio club in Australia. The Waverley Amateur Radio Society is a very active club and caters for the hobbies of amateur radio and electronics.
Regular meetings are held at our well equipped clubhouse in Rose Bay and training is provided for those new to the field. Visitors to our meetings are always welcome. Please explore this site to find out more about us and ways to make contact.
- Century for Centenary Project - The Waverley Amateur Radio Society is on the countdown to its centenary on 27 January 2019! The ‘Century for Centenary Project’ is the first of the activities to celebrate the centenary of the club’s founding in 1919. The ‘Century for Centenary Project’ is very simply, a project intended to encourage member’s activity on the radio, … Continue reading Century for Centenary Project
- Guest speaker, 18 May monthly meeting. Mark Fahey – Behind the Curtain – Gathering propaganda broadcasts inside North Korea - The special guest speaker for the Wednesday monthly meeting on 18 May is Mark Fahey. Mark Fahey is a well known expert on North Korean broadcast media, who will be speaking about his six visits to North Korea, where he not only documented and photographed propaganda as a part of every day life, but using … Continue reading Guest speaker, 18 May monthly meeting. Mark Fahey – Behind the Curtain – Gathering propaganda broadcasts inside North Korea
- Club Entry to the Harry Angel 80m Sprint Contest - The Waverley Amateur Radio Society is entering the Harry Angel 80m Sprint Contest on Saturday 07 May 1000-1146 UTC (2000-2146 local) operating from the club station. This is a short contest ideal for the beginner to amateur radio and contesting or the casual operator. There is a small club team preparing for the contest, but … Continue reading Club Entry to the Harry Angel 80m Sprint Contest
- Waverley Amateur Radio Society Inc – Annual General Meeting – 18th May 2016 - Please Login to view this content. (Not a member? Join Today!)
- Memorial Event “Fornovo’s Sack Battle” - April 18th – 28th, 2016 – IQ4FE – Special commemorative QSL From April 18th to 28th, 3016, A.R.I. Fidenza will be On the Air on HF bands with the callsign IQ4FE, to commemorate the World War II event “Fornovo’ s sack battle” occurred near Parma – Italy end April 1945 with the contribution of the … Continue reading Memorial Event “Fornovo’s Sack Battle”
- Radio Configuration Files now available - Finally…. setup and data files for some Yaesu and Icom radios is now available. These files are only available to logged in current members. The supplied files contain information updated from the WIA each month, the process is 95% automated. So the source config files will usually appear 1-2 days after the WIA update. The … Continue reading Radio Configuration Files now available
- Next Foundation Course:May 14&15 2016 - Our Next Foundation Course and Assessments for all Amateur Licence Grades will be held on the weekend of 14&15 May 2016. Register early to reserve your place. Click on the Spruiker for details
- Two Rare Dxpeditions operating now! - Both Heard Island and Juan de Nova Island (Near Madagascar) are QRV at least until 11th April 2016. The heard Island VK0EK plan is HERE and the FT4JA plan is HERE Go Get ’em in your log!
- WIA President’s Visit in March - This year, the Waverley Amateur Radio Society celebrates its 90th anniversary as a WIA affiliated club. Fittingly, the club welcomed WIA President Phil Wait VK2ASD as guest speaker at the club’s monthly meeting on 16 March 2016. After joining members for dinner in the Rose Bay RSL Club, Phil spoke about three broad areas in … Continue reading WIA President’s Visit in March
- Photos from “Operation Equinox” – John Moyle Field Day 2016 - A new photo gallery is now available for photos from John Moyle Field Day 2016 at Tooraweenah. I need to get some more in from the the participants so check back over the next few weeks. Photo Galleries are available via the tab on the home page. …/alex VK2PSF
Created: 30/10/95 Updated: 17/02/15