This club, formed in 1919 in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, provides those interested in the hobbies of amateur radio and electronics with facilities to meet and enjoy the company of similar individuals.
Regular meetings are held at the well equipped clubhouse in Rose Bay and training is provided for those new to the field. Visitors to our meetings are always welcome. Please explore this site to find out more about us and ways to make contact.
- Contest Awards -
- Inward QSL cards received - Today, the Waverley Amateur Radio Society received its first batch of QSL cards since 2009! This is the 1 kg stack of cards, 8 cm high of incoming QSL cards for VK2BV and VI2BV90, some of which date back
- Trans Tasman Low Bands Challenge 18 July 2015 - The Trans-Tasman Low Band Challenge is on Saturday 18 July 0800 – 1400 UTC (1800-0000 local). Bands are 160m, 80m and 40m, and modes are SSB CW and Digital (RTTY and PSK ). Multi-operator/Multi-transmitter entries are permitted. This intense but
- VHF/UHF Winter Field Day - For the VHF/UHF fans, the Winter Field Day is on this weekend, 20-21 June. http://www.wia.org.au/members/contests/vhfuhf/
- Waverley Receives ARNSW Grant - At the monthly meeting of the Waverley Amateur Radio Society, held on the 17th June Tim VK2ZTM, the Secretary of Amateur Radio NSW, presented a cheque for $600 to our President (John VK2LJ) as part of the recent ARNSW initiative supporting
- WARS Annual Auction – 4th July 2015 - A reminder to all that the annual auction will be held on July 4 2015 at the rose bay club house. Come along, sell some stuff, buy more stuff, and have a fun day 😉 http://www.vk2bv.org/event/club-annual-auction/
- First part cut on the New CNC (Roland mdx-20) - I spent a little time today calibrating the desktop CNC mill I’m refurbishing. A little writeup is available on my site if people are interested. This CNC will be mainly used to make PCB’s for radio projects 😉 —-
- VK100ANZAC Activation by WARS. - The Waverley Amateur Radio Society activation of VK100ANZAC will begin at 0000z (1000 AEST) 01 August 2015, with a commemorative ceremony at 0200z (1200 AEST), and continue until 2359z 05 August 2015 (0950 AEST 06AUG15). As a part of the
- VK2BV QRZ.com page updated - The VK2BV listing on QRZ.com has been updated, with some new pictures and information about the club and its activities.
- Mooshimeter (May meeting show-and-tell) - At the May meeting I gave a brief show-and-tell of one of my recent acquisitions. It is a Mooshimeter, which is a bluetooth multimeter. As I demonstrated, it is a wireless multimeter that uses a smartphone as the user
© Original Site maintained by Simon Buxton VK2UA
Created: 30/10/95 Updated: 17/02/15