Club Annual Auction
The annual winter sale has now been run by the club for many years with our 2014 auction expected to be held on Saturday, July 5th.
This event contains plenty of Radio & Electronic goods for sale. It is open to all to buy or sell whether a club member or not. You should find everything you want to know about the auction on this page, but if you have a query, send an email as below.
In our experience the best sellers are low to medium priced useful bits of equipment, components or vintage items of collector interest. Non-working computers and associated components as well as domestic equipment such as TVs or VCRs will no longer be sold due to lack of buyer interest. No catalogue is published but it may help, especially for higher value items, if goods you have for sale are illustrated on this site. To use this facility just email us with a brief description and preferably a photo. Click to see some items which were included in the sale.
Apart from the auction itself there is the popular low value item trash & treasure stand.
For queries or to have auction items listed here, please email
- The auction is held at our club house in Vickery Avenue, Rose Bay behind the RSL club
- See interactive Google location map including satellite view
- Previous years' participants are registered with the same buyer/seller number
- New sellers can pre-register names (to get a number for lotting tickets) by
email to: auction at vk2bv.org
- Gates open at 8:30.
- Free parking available in the public car park in Lyne Park behind the club. Note that RSL parking is for RSL members only
- No parking is available in the club grounds on the day. Drive in ONLY to drop off or pick up goods - 5 mins max.
- Trash & Treasure stall from 9:00 am
- Auction will commences at 10:00 am
- Seller's commission is 10% per lot up to $100, $10 fixed thereafter
- No buyers premium is charged
- Each lot must be marked with two identical tickets (see format below)
- Lots without tickets are deemed to be items donated to the club
- The club takes no responsibility for the security of lots; this is the responsibility of the vendor before sale and the buyer after
- Note that unsold lots must be removed from the hall and grounds
- New sellers, and optionally buyers, must register to get a number and create an account.
- Unregistered buyers must pay cash as each lot is bought.
- Sellers and Registered buyers to settle accounts at end of sale
- Cash only accepted (ATM in RSL next door) except for known buyers who may pay by cheque
- Sale expected to finish about 2pm
- Liaison frequency: Paddington repeater: 147.025+ 91.5Hz tone
- A $2 admission fee is charged, which also buys you tea and coffee all day
- Soft drinks, cake and hot-dog stall
- Disinterested family members can enjoy the attractive harbouside Lyne Park and playground
- Grog, pokies, meals etc at the adjacent RSL Club from 10:00 am
Types of items offered
Here are some of the types of goods that have been sold at previous sales. Unless marked as "working", equipment for sale is assumed "not working" or "untested" and will not fetch a good price. Some of the items offered since 2009 can be seen in our picture gallery.
- H/F rigs, VHF and UHF mobile rigs and handhelds
- Dummy loads, ATUs, station monitors
- Power/SWR meters
- Beam and whip antennas
- Multimeters and other test gear
- Signal generators and oscilloscopes
- Vintage and Collectable radios
- Radio related books and magazines
- Useful components, connectors and cables
- Transmitting and receiving valves
- Power supplies
Seller auction tickets
Each lot for auction must have two tickets attached similar to that below. After sale one ticket goes to the auction clerk and the other to the purchaser with seller contact details should a query arise. Lots not marked with a ticket are deemed to be items owned by the club. Sellers can pre-register to obtain a seller #, but those who have attended in previous years will retain the same number.
Wars Auction Ticket
Seller #______Sellers Name____________________________________
Description of Goods:
RESERVE (IF ANY)$_____________
Click to download tickets in MS Word or for text format, cut and paste from sample above.
Some of the items offered in July 2013
Click here to see some of the items offered in this sale.
Between auctions, there may be items for sale listed elsewhere on our website.
Back to Top
Go to Home page
Visitors since March 2004. Page maintained by Simon Buxton.
Created: 19/3/04 Updated: 8/12/2013